Applicants may apply to be a non-degree student and take coursework at WKU. Individuals who take course work in a non-degree seeking status should consult the graduate catalog to be fully aware of all policies pertaining to taking coursework in a non-degree status and the ability to apply this coursework to a degree program.
**IMPORTANT: Please be sure to pay special attention to step number 13 below. Failure to follow this step will result in a delay in processing your application and may result in your having to fill out another application.**
- Open a new online application.
- Under Graduate Admissions, select "Domestic and International."
- If this is your first time applying to WKU, create a new web application ID at application account creation. If you have previously applied to either graduate or undergraduate programs, please use your WKU ID (or web application ID) and PIN number to log in below. Look up your WKU ID or PIN.
- After you enter this information in, click "Login."
- Select "New" to create a new application.
- Enter in your name, citizenship information, and select "No" for "Are you seeking
- Answer the remaining questions as they apply to you. NOTE: Please be sure to select the appropriate term or you will be required to submit a new application. Select "Continue" after this is complete.
- You will be sent to the Application Checklist screen.
- Click on "Primary Address" and enter your information into the fields and click "Continue."
- Enter your Personal Information on the next three screens.
- The first will ask you form your Social Security number, date of birth, e-mail address, citizenship information, ethnicity, and race. After you fill in these fields with your personal information, click "Continue."
- The next Personal Information screen will ask for military history, employment and certification information, and Graduate Assistantship request. Complete the fields with your personal information and select "Continue."
- The third Personal Information screen will require you to fill out information about
previous names that you may have gone by, as well as previous college history and
residency information. Complete the fields with your personal information and select
- You will be sent to the Emergency Contact Information page next. Complete Complete the fields with your personal emergency contact information and select "Continue."
- The Test Information will appear. Answer the questions regarding to the GRE and GMAT and select "Continue." Please note that you will need to have the testing agency report scores directly to WKU in order for your application to be complete if we do not already have them on file.
- The Previous College will appear. Enter information regarding the previous colleges and universities that you have attended. You may need to look-up a college code to enter the information in. You must supply transcripts for each college or university that you enter and have attended if it is an institution other than WKU. After you complete this information, press "Continue."
- You will then be taken to the "Planned Course of Study" screen, where you will be
- Category of study? Select "Non Degree"
- Planned course of study? Select "Not Pursuing a Degree"
- After completing this information select "Continue."
- On the "Additional Comments" page, provide any additional information that may be useful for your application. Click "Continue."
- You will return to the Application Checklist. If you have completed all the necessary sections, each section will have a check mark next to it. Click "Application is Complete/Submit."
- You will then be required to submit payment for the application if you are a first-time
graduate applicant. Select your method of payment: credit card or check/money order.
- Payment by credit/debit card can be completed online. Enter the appropriate information and press "Submit."
- If you cannot pay by credit/debit card, payment by check or money order will need to be submitted to The Graduate School. Print this page and mail it, along with the check or money order to the address that appears on the screen. Note: paying by check/money order will delay processing of your application.
Your application will not be complete until The Graduate School receives all required supporting documents. For non-degree seeking students, this is usually transcripts from previously attended colleges. You may also check your application status.
After your application is complete, you will receive notification on how to register for courses.
If you have questions during the application, please feel free to contact us.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,