The International Application Process
Applying to a graduate program at WKU as an international student is similar to the application process for a domestic student, however there are some additional stipulations:
- International students must apply to a degree program; they may not have the non-degree seeking status.
- There are additional admission requirements: please see the "International Degree Seeking" tab on the admission requirements page for details.
There are many sources of aid available to international students, including guaranteed international student scholarship monies. Please see financial resources for more information.
All international students must purchase health insurance upon arrival at WKU. All of WKU's international students are automatically enrolled in Academic Health Plans insurance, and it will appear on your university bill. The cost of your health insurance is included in the amount shown on your I-20. Do not purchase health insurance in your home country. For more information regarding health insurance for international students, including current rates and health care options, please contact ISSS or visit their website.
International students have the ability to wire money from an overseas account to pay tuition and fees. More information about this program can be found at the ISSS website on wire transfers.
Festivals and Clubs
The City of Bowling Green and WKU offer several activities throughout the year and clubs that meet regularly focused on the international community.
- Bowling Green International Festival
- WKU International Club
- Indian Students Association
- Chinese Students & Scholars Association
- Korean Student Association
- Japanese Culture Club
- Saudi Students Club