- Where can I find information about graduate student policies and procedures?
- The Graduate Catalog contains information regarding curriculum, policies, and procedures for graduate students.
- How do I know what forms I have on file with the Graduate School?
All approved matriculation forms are viewable on TopNet ("Student Services", "Student Records", "View Graduate Program Documents".
- How do I sign and submit forms electronically to the Graduate School?
- Save the form to your desktop, complete, and save. After obtaining the appropriate
approvals, e-mail forms to email@example.com . If you have technical issues contact the WKU IT help desk,
- Where should I send an electronic document after it is completed?
- What is a Program of Study?
- A Program of Study is an individualized plan of study which details the complete list of courses required by the academic program for degree completion. Students should work with their advisors to complete and submit to the Graduate Recordsfor approval.
- Where do I find a Program of Study form?
- All Graduate School forms are online at http://www.wku.edu/graduate/documents/ .
- When do I need to submit my Program of Study?
- The Program of Study must be submitted within the first term or prior to the completion of twelve (12) hours. A registration hold will be placed for failure to submit a Program of Study after earning twelve hours.
- How do I know if my Program of Study is approved?
- Once the Program of Study has been approved you will receive confirmation through WKU email. Approved matriculation forms are viewable on TopNet ("Student Services", "Student Records", "View Graduate Program Documents".)
- How do I qualify for Kentucky residency?
- Please visit the WKU Residency Information for Graduate Students page.
- Do I have to take a comprehensive examination before I receive my degree?
All graduate degree programs require that either a written or an oral examination be satisfactorily completed, or that an approved capstone course be successfully completed. Contact your academic department for details.
- Do I have to write a thesis?
- Each academic program defines whether a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation is required. Refer to the Graduate Catalog or contact your academic department for details.
- How and when do I need to submit my thesis, dissertation or specialist project?
- Thesis, specialist project, and dissertation information is online at http://www.wku.edu/graduate/students/thesis/. Contact your academic department for any additional guidelines and deadlines.
- Where do I submit my application for graduation?
- The Application for Graduation and fee must be submitted through TopNet ("Student Services", "Student Records", "Application for Graduation") the semester prior to degree completion. You may apply for graduation at any time for any future term. Registration holds are placed for students who have earned 21 hours and have not applied for graduation. The Registrar's Office publishes additional deadlines to ensure your name appears in the commencement booklet.
- If I am a teacher, how do I request a Rank change or initial certification?
- For questions regarding teacher certification please refer to the Office of Teacher Services.
- How do I request a transcript?
The Office of the Registrar handles all transcript requests.
- How do I withdraw from courses at WKU?
Course withdrawals are handled in the Office of the Registrar.
- How do I withdraw from a graduate program?
- Drop all current courses through TopNet and email the Graduate School requesting to be withdrawn from your program.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,