The Graduate School - Deposition of Theses, Dissertations, and Specialist Projects
- The student successfully defends the thesis or dissertation for his/her committee.
- The committee and student will review the document for all content, academic integrity,
and formatting. Please consult the formatting guidelines.
- The student obtains signatures of the committee on the signature page of the document.
Note: The Comprehensive Exam form does not substitute for the signature page; the
graduate adviser must separately submit the Comprehensive Exam form to the Graduate
School, and the committee chair or primary advisor are responsible for submitting
grades for 599,699, and 799 courses.
- The student submits an electronic copy of the document to the college reader who will
review for consistency of style, appropriate formatting, grammar, spelling, etc. Students
will make any corrections and re-submit to the reader until approved.
Note: Ogden College does not have a central college reader. Students should request
this step be completed by his/her department head or committee chair.
- The student emails electronic copies of the document, the College Reader Approval
form, and the Authorization for Use form to the Graduate School (email@example.com).
- The student must also submit an original signature page to the Graduate School (207
WAB) which will be imaged and electronically inserted into the document.
Note: Original signature pages are available for pick-up by the student in 207 WAB
for one (1) year following deposition.
- The Graduate School will complete a final review and forward the completed document
and forms to the WKU library for publication on TopScholar.
- Upon publication, the student will receive an email notification from the library,
followed by a second email from the Graduate School with optional bindery information. The
department head and committee chair will be copied on the final email notification.