Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (564)
- designed for students who are interested in pursuing a health and human sciences related career
- interdisciplinary program with three primary purposes
1) allow students with a general interest in health sciences to pursue a B.S. degree while obtaining a concentration in a specific area of study
2) provide an option for students with a health related Associate’s Degree who wish to continue their education
3) permit students to prepare for post-graduate or professional health sciences programs
- 65-67 core Health Science credit hours are required, including a required concentration ranging from 21-22 credit hours.
- Students pursuing the major are required to select one of the following degree tracks:
- Environmental Health Science
- General Wellness Studies
- Health Promotions
- Health Services
- Social Services
- Associate’s Degree in a health field (approved by the Health Sciences Advisor)
Required core courses:FACS 111 PSY 199 BIOL 120/121 BIOL 131 CHEM 304 AH 190 AH 290 PHYS 231/232 PE 311 PH 381 or SOCL 300 PH 447 or PHIL 322 HCA 340 HCA 446/447 or CIS 243
- Any substitutions for these classes must be approved through the Health Sciences Advisor.
- Students must maintain a "C" or better in each course in the major.
- In accordance with university policy, an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better must be attained upon completion of required curriculum.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,