- GGC@WKU Home Page
- Clinical Services
- About GGC
- Health Education
- Employee Wellness
- Health News and Articles
- Other WKU Health Links
- Contact WKUHS
Welcome to Graves Gilbert Clinic (GGC) at WKU!
We're the place you come to for health care services and information to help you now and beyond your college experience. Our state-of-the-art facility and board certified physicians are here to support your well being. Health issues are probably not your first priority as you make the transition to WKU. However, there are some things we recommend you consider before arriving on campus - especially if you are new to WKU.
Things you need to do:
1. Make sure you have your health insurance card. Insurance is not required for students at WKU but is highly recommended. The Student Health Insurance Plan can help to provide you with reasonable health insurance premiums. International students are required to maintain health insurance coverage through Academic Health Plan (AHP), the university student insurance plan.
2. Proof of immunizations are not required for students at WKU. However, we do have a list of recommended immunizations. If you do not get vaccinated before arriving on campus stop by our office and get vaccinated.
3. If you are under the age of 18, the law requires your parent/guardian to give written consent for you to receive medical care.
4. Students are responsible for obtaining and following the university's alcohol and other drug policies. Click here to view WKU's Student Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Policy and Resources page.
Things you need to know:
- In a life- threatening emergency, call 911 for an ambulance.
- If you have a health question and don't know what to do? Call (270) 745-CARE (2273)
- You can make routine medical appointments please visit here for additional information.
- For mental and emotional health concerns, call us or Counseling & Testing Center, (270) 745-3159 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Do you have student health insurance questions? If so, visit our Insurance FAQ page or call (270) 745-5034.
- Your health information is confidential. No one will know you have used medical or mental services unless you choose to tell them.
Get Involved NOW!!
To learn more call the Health Education & Promotion department at Health Services at (270) 745-5033!!
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,