We accept internship applications for those seeking a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, and counseling-related programs. The internship provides an opportunity for hands-on experience in your chosen field. We operate on a cohort model meaning that we have an intern and graduate assistant class each year. As an intern you could expect your 20 hours per week to be spent in a variety of ways. Deadline to apply is April 4th. Your duties would typically include:
- Assisting with outreach presentations
- Assisting with national screening days
- Providing clinical services to individual clients
- Individual supervision with a senior staff member
- Group supervision with the Training Coordinator
- Providing career counseling in the Peer Career Center
- Providing consultation services to the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- Administering and scoring assessment instruments as needed
- Attending training seminars directed by senior staff members
- April 4th is the deadline to apply
Complete the application, cover letter and references. Once you have submitted the information you will be contacted for an interview. Be aware that while we accept applications throughout the year, we prefer that our intern class begin in August. Please direct any questions to the Training Coordinator Debra Crisp, Ph.D.or you may call (270) 745-3159 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
Completed application materials should be sent to:
Debra Crisp, Ph.D.
Western Kentucky University Counseling and Testing Center
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11024
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1024
Doctoral Training Information:
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,