The Residence Hall for the 2013 summer sessions is Rodes Harlin Hall.
Summer Hall Eligibility
The following people are eligible to stay in the Summer Hall
- Students of the previous Spring semester
- Students enrolled in classes for the Summer terms
- Students who will be enrolled in classes for the upcoming Fall semester
- Those who are employed by WKU
- Those who are participating in an internship at WKU
There is a limited amount of space set aside for guest housing during the Summer. Guest housing must be paid for at the time of check-in with a check. Guests are considered as anyone staying 4 days or less.
- Double Room (living with a roommate): $120 per week
- Private Room: $180 per week
There are a limited number of private rooms which are given on a first come, first served basis.
In order to maintain summer residency, regular payments are due throughout the summer according to the following due dates:
- May 31, 2013
- June 28, 2013
- July 26, 2013
- August 9, 2013
Failure to make a payment on the assigned dates may result in termination of the agreement and the student will have 48 hours to check out of the residence hall unless prior approval is granted by the Department of Housing & Residence Life. A hold will be placed on the student's University account for failure to pay, which will prevent them from being able to register, drop/add classes, or receive transcripts until the fee is paid in full.
You can make a payment by:
- Coming to the Housing & Residence Life office located in 18 Southwest Hall from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday during the month of May. From June 1 - August 9, office hours are 7:30am - 4pm, Monday through Thursday and 7:30 - 12:30 on Fridays.
- Calling our office at (270) 745-3143 and making a payment with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Diners Club
- Mailing a check or money order to our office at:
*Please make a note that the check/money order is for Summer Housing
Whenever you are ready to move in to the summer hall, go to Rodes Harlin Hall and check into a room at the front desk. The front desk is open 24/7 and available to assign you a room at any time. Payment information will be available to you at check in. Stay as little or as long as you need (summer hall closes at noon on August 16, 2013).
Advanced registration is required for those residents who will be moving directly into summer school housing from their Spring assignment. Advanced registration will begin on Monday, April 8, 2013 at the Department of Housing and Residence Life located at 18 Southwest Hall, and will continue until Friday, May 10.
Summer Transition Schedule
Sunday, May 12, 2013
10 AM - All residence halls close. Everyone must be completely moved and checked out of their spring assignment unless they are registered for summer school housing.
10 AM - Rodes Harlin Hall opens for summer school students to begin moving in.
2 PM - All residence halls close and summer school move in is complete. All students must be out of their spring assignment.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
6 PM - Summer school residents begin moving to the Fall 2013 room assignment
Friday, August 16, 2013
Noon - Deadline for summer school residents to be out of summer housing and either move into their fall assignment or off campus. Residents moving into a fall room assignment will be billed for Intercession Housing through August 22, 2013 at a cost of $120.
Each room has two of the folliowing (one set per resident; all furniture is movable):
- A low, loftable, bunkable twin bed (80"x36") - You will need twin sheets labeled as "extra long"
- Desk Chair
- Window Blinds
Room Dimensions: 16' x 11'8"
Each room has a local telephone service hookup (you must provide your own phone), cable access (TV and cable cord not provided), and internet (wireless and ethernet access)
- Air Conditioning
- Study Lounge
- Vending Machines
- Laundry Room ($1 Washer, $1 Dryer - quarters and Big Red Dollars only)
- Kitchen on every floor
- Ice Machine
- TV Lounge
- Community Bathrooms (shared with all residents of your floor)
To view the polices of the residence hall, read the Hilltopics Handbook for Residence Hall Living