Each semester, the ICSR invites faculty from across the disciplines to participate in the a faculty reading group discussion. The group meets aprpoximately three times per semester with refreshments provided. This semester, the ICSR, in partnership with the Society for Values in Higher Education, has selected, David Graeber's Debt: The First 5,000 Years as the text.
- Isabel Wilkerson's The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Greatest Migration
- Christopher Newfield's Unmaking the Public University: The Forty-Year Assault on the Middle Class
- Mark C. Taylor's Crisis on Campus: A Bold Plan for Reforming Our Colleges and Universities
- Martha Nussbaum's Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities
- Eddie S. Glaude's In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America
- Nicholas Wapshott's Keynes/Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics
Should you have a book suggestion for the reading group, contact Dr. Eric Bain-Selbo.