- Scholarships & Grants
- Student Organizations
- Student Media
- KBA WKU Radio Talent Institute
- Ky. High School Media Institute
- Student Internships/Jobs/Fellowships
- Position Openings
- Lab/Equipment Checkout Hours
- Summer Workshops
- Fleischaker-Greene Scholars in First Amendment Studies
- John B. Gaines Family Lecture Series
- Student Projects
Vicki S. Bagwell, M.A.
Assistant Director, Associate Professor
Office: MMTH 320
Phone: (270) 745-5834
Public Relations Fundamentals
International Public Relations
Public Relations Strategy and Planning
- 1994 to 2006 McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations, Nashville Account management at a 65-person public relations firm. Experience included public relations campaign/strategy planning and oversight, client service, budget management, new business development; media and government relations, publications management, personnel services, and management of interns. Served as Vice President of Operations, Senior Account Supervisor, Senior Account Executive and Account Executive. Account teams included health care and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, government and not-for-profits.
- 1989 to 1994 State of Tennessee, Nashville, Communications Manager
Manager of public information campaigns and publications for three divisions within the Department of Finance and Administration. Projects included managing publications, including three quarterly newsletters distributed to 110,000 state government, public school, and university employees.
- 1988 to 1989 Nashville (TN) Memorial Hospital, Assistant Director of Public RelationsPrepared written communication materials for a 314-bed community hospital; maintained ongoing media relations; developed and participated in a crisis public relations plan; edited employee biweekly newsletter and quarterly magazine, and served as a community relations liaison between the hospital and community groups.
- 1985 to 1987 Nancy Scott Jones Public Relations, San Antonio, Texas, Media Relations
Coordinator/WriterDeveloped and maintained media relations campaigns, coordinated news conferences, and served as media contact for clients; developed written communication materials for local, regional, and national media; and planned special events.
- 1978 to 1983 Kentucky New Era, Hopkinsville, Lifestyles Editor and Assistant Lifestyles Editor
Feature editor for a four-county daily newspaper. Duties included editorial planning, writing, editing, assigning feature articles, photography and layout/design for features section; planning and preparing editorial copy for a weekly magazine and four advertising supplements.
- M.A. in Communication, Western Kentucky University, 1992
- 12 graduate hours in Communication, University of New Orleans, 1984-85
- B.A. in Journalism, Western Kentucky University, 1978
- Public Relations Society of America Member since 1986
Accredited in 1993
Nashville Chapter Board Member
National Assembly Delegate
Southeast District Chapter Representative
- WKU Public Relations Student Society of America, Faculty Advisor
- WKU Advertising Federation, Faculty Advisor
PRSA Silver Anvil Award Team
Government Relations--Tennessee Worker's Comp Campaign
PRSA/Nashville Hercules Award Recipient
PRSA/Nashville Parthenon Award
Media Relations--Roche Pharmaceuticals
PRSA/Nashville Parthenon Awards of Merit
Newsletters--Your Health Network
WKU Talisman Award
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
YWCA Nashville Board Member, PR/Marketing Committee Co-chair
Center for Not-for-Profit Management, Selection Committee, Nashville BusinessJournal's Communication Award
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,