Skip to main content

Report it



Conduct information

Safe Space

The Judicial Complaint Process

It is the position of The Office of Judicial Affairs that among the violations of misconduct considered to be of an especially serious nature are those that represent a threat to the safety and health of members of the University Community. These include but are not limited too, harassment, physical violence or threat of violence, non-consensual sexual contact, rape or any form of sexual violence.


  • To file a student complaint, you are encouraged to write up a description of the incident. Remember, the more details you can provide the better.
  • You are encouraged to contact The Office of Judicial Affairs to arrange a meeting with the Director to discuss the incident (2041 Downing Student Union, 270-745-5429).
  • Judicial Affairs will investigate all reported student sexual assaults or attempted assaults and, where appropriate, will hold individuals accountable for their actions according to the procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
  • Judicial Affairs will also investigate and adjudicate complaints which occur off-campus. In addition, Judicial Affairs may handle complaints that occur at university activities or events, such as study-abroad, semester at sea and any other school-sponsored trips.
  • Once you file an incident report, we responsible for notifying the student or group of the charge, conducting a timely investigation, and determining if there is a potential violation of the Code of Student Conduct.
  • The accused and the complainant are entitled to the same opportunities to discuss their involvement in the alleged incident with the Office of Judicial Affairs and his/her designee.
  • The Office of Judicial Affairs and his/her designee(s) will address any complaint in a confidential, supportive and timely manner. The Office of Judicial Affairs will oversee that fairness and due process is met while administering this process for both parties involved. All investigations will be conducted independently of one another.
  • When you file an incident report, you will be asked to provide a statement of what you heard, or experienced. Witnesses may be requested to meet with us to provide witness statements. Remember that the person named has a right to see what you stated.
  • Those cases which determine a violation of the Student Code of Conduct will be heard by the University Disciplinary Committee.
  • The range of sanctions up to and including suspension or expulsion from the University are possible depending upon the preponderance of the evidence and individual circumstances.
  • Both the complainant and the respondent shall be informed of the outcome of the judicial conference alleging a sexual assault or harassment.
  • The Office of Judicial Affairs cannot ensure a complainant's confidentiality and that even if a complaint is withdrawn, the University may continue the investigation based on preponderance of evidence, although the University's ability to investigate and take action may be limited.
  • Judicial Affairs handles complaints for and against WKU students and student groups, but not faculty or staff. Complaints against WKU faculty or staff members are addressed by The General Counsel-Deborah Wilkins.

Office:  Craig Administrative Center
Phone:  (270) 745-5398

  • Remember that sexual violence is a crime. Please consider reporting to WKU Police if the assault occurred on-campus or off-campus, or to the local police department or agency if the assault occurred off-campus. You may also discuss those options with us (see formal complaint link). However, there need not be a police report or complaint in order for Judicial Affairs to proceed with the university process.

Report it!

File a Report-Click above


Who to Contact

Students are encourage to report to the following for confidential counseling with a professional counselor or university official. Here are some phone numbers to keep available:

If you are in danger, please use a safer computer, or call 911, your local hotline, or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224. See more technology safety tips here. There is always a computer trail, but you can leave this site quickly.

Safe Space

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 2/25/16