EMT Basic Course Dates:
Aug. 26 - Dec. 16, 2014
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Academic Complex #0217
5:30 - 9:30 PM
Full tuition due: Aug. 25
Half tuition due: Oct. 25
EMT Basic Program
The Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B) is the entry level position into emergency medical services (EMS).
Do I Qualify?
Successful completion of this course (which includes all state regulatory issues and
the required background check clearance) and successful completion of the National
Registry of EMT written and skills exam will allow you to apply to the Kentucky Board
of Emergency Medical Services for EMT-B certification.
Choose the Track That Fits You Best:
- Earn credits toward a future degree
- Earn credentials while pursuing a degree.
- Financial aid eligible
Contact Lee Brown for more information at email@example.com
- No college entrance exams
- No waiting for college admission
- Less expensive than our credit option
From the Instructor
Instructor will provide information the first night of class on where they can order pocket masks or valves and CPR certification, as well as estimated costs for those items.
Students for SFTY 271 will need the following:
- PRIOR TO COURSE
“Emergency Care 12th ed” by Limmer et al. BOTH text and workbook (combo pack is ISBN 0-13-279580-9) (The WKU Store should have it; price is approximately $140.)
- Proof (copy) of High School diploma or GED
- CPR-Pro Certification for healthcare professionals ($35)
- DURING COURSE
- Pocket Mask with oxygen inlet ($12) or training valve ($2)
- There is a required ambulance observation time that may be done at any location the student can make arrangements at. Observing at EMS in Bowling Green requires various immunization proofs, drug screen, 2 TB skin tests. Cost will vary based upon what the student has already had done and can provide proof of. WKU health services offers needed services at a reduced rate. A current price list will be provided the first night of class.
- END OF COURSE
- State Application at the end of the course is $40
- Background Check (free if KY resident past 5 years, $48 if living outside of KY within past 5 years)
- National Registry Test Fee at the end of the class is $70. That is handled by the student after course completion.