Frequently Asked Questions about Kentucky Museum Camps
- How do I get on the camp informational emailing list?
- Contact Lynne.Ferguson@wku.edu or 270-745-2594
- When does registration begin?
- You may register for camp as soon as you see the information on our website.
- Can I register by phone?
- Yes, call 270-745-2594
- How many camps can I register my child for?
- As many camps as his/her age allows.
- What are the behavior expectations of campers?
- Campers are asked to sign a camp rules form and these rules are posted in the classroom and emphasized through out the week.
- What happens if my child becomes ill or is hurt during camp?
- Camp personnel will call the phone number of the primary contact listed on the Parental Consent Form.
- Should I send food?
- Not unless your child has a special diet. The museum supplies an individual snack such as fruit, chips, jello and an individual drink such as Capri Sun. Campers will all receive a water bottle.
- What should my child wear to camp?
- They should clothes that you do not mind getting dirty. Art is sometimes messy. Campers also take a snack break and run and play outside. Roller-shoes are not allowed at camp.
- Who are the camp instructors?
- Our lead instructors are experts in their field. Museum Education professionals, WKU graduate students and WKU students. Summer camp staff also may include dedicated young adults volunteers.
- Are parents or caregivers allowed to attend camp with children?
- No, adults may not attend camp with their children.
- Can my child enroll in the same camp as their friends?
- Yes, if there is an opening.
- Should my child bring a toy or electronics to camp.
- No, please leave toys, trading cards, stuffed animals at home.
- After registering may I change camp weeks?
- If there is space you may change camp weeks, call 270-745-2594.
- What is the refund policy?
- Cancellation more than 30 days - full refund; 30 - 15 days prior to camp - 50% refund; Less than 15 days prior to camp - no refund.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,