Words in red are links.
Kids explore the arts at Kentucky Museum Summer Camps.
- Kentucky Museum offers four weeks of summer camp in June for kids ages 6 years to 12. Each camp has its own specific age range.
- All camps are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm in the Kentucky Museum education classroom.
- There is a snack break daily around 10 am with snacks supplied by the Museum.
- Children may register for more than one camp. Please remember space is limited and spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Camp fees are: Members - $110 Non-members - $125
- Kentucky Museum Friends receive a discount on all camps. More information.
Summer Camp Exhibit
- Each student will have work exhibited during Kentucky Museum's Summer Camp Exhibit in the Dorothy Grider Garden Gallery. The exhibit opens Sunday, July 12 and runs through Sunday, August 16th.
- A reception honoring the campers and teachers will be open free to the public on Friday, August 7, 5 pm - 8 pm during the Bowling Green Gallery Hop.
- Parents may pick up their child's art on Monday or Tuesday, August 17 and 18, if you have any questions please call 270-745-2594.
June 1- 5 Art Paper Palooza with Lynne Ferguson Ages 6 - 10
All things paper - paper making and casting, marbling, paper folding, booklets, bookmaking, printing and dying. Each student will have work selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
June 8 - 12 Clay Camp with Suzanne Renfrow Ages 6-10
Campers will learn basic hand building techniques to create a variety of functional and decorative ceramic pieces. Students will have an opportunity to paint their work. Pottery will be fired after the camp and participants will need to pick up kiln fired work approximately two weeks after camp. One work from each student will be selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
June 15 - 19 Painting Camp with Lynne Ferguson Ages 7 - 12
Painting camp activities will be rich in contemporary art exploration. Students will use the techniques and imagery from the poured canvases of Pollock, paper cutouts of Matisse and Liechtenstein's pop art paintings. Students will also create and paint their own assemblage. Each student will have a work selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
June 22 - 26 Sculpture Camp with Missi Carini Ages 7
Campers will create in 3 dimensions. We will make portraits in the style of Giocometti,
word sculptures, Calder Mobiles along with Chihuly sculptures. Campers will tour Western
Kentucky University campus to view a wide variety of outdoor sculpture. One work from
each student will be selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,