Leadership & Volunteerism Programs
- Alternative Breaks
- Dynamic Leadership Institute
- High School Leadership Conference
- Leadership Trainings
- Make a Difference Day
- National Volunteer Week
- Relay for LIfe
- St. Jude Up Til Dawn
- The WKU Leadership Conference
- United Way Efforts
- V.I.P.-Volunteering in Progress
- Weekend in the Woods
The Alive Center
Like us on Facebook...
Comment on Twitter...
WKU Food Fight Gets Real With YouGiveGoods...
Western Kentucky Univeristy definately made a difference in the fight against hunger! During their friendly competition, in support of "Make A Difference Day", students, student groups, faculty and staff participated in the WKU Food Fight, utilizing the site YouGiveGoods. Each team (department, student organization, sorority and fraternity) supported 1 of 3 organizations: BRASS, Salvation Army or The WKU Food Pantry. The food drive (or food fight) ended on October 23, 2013. The outstanding results are listed below:
- 11 Teams participated raising 1,036 pounds of goods!
- Chi Omega, 262 lbs.
- Psychology Club, 256 lbs.
- Alpha Gamma Delta, 150 lbs.
- WKU Microbiology Club, 88 lbs.
- Alpha Delta Pi, 68 lbs.
- WKU Financial Aid Office, 57 lbs.
- Golden Key International Honor society, 43 lbs.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, 42 lbs.
- Phi Mu, 39 lbs.
- WKU Student Activities, 19 lbs.
- WKU ALIVE Center, 12 lbs.
- Total value of goods purchased: $2,281.00
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,