- Contact Us
- KenCat [Online Catalog]
- Library Special Collections
- Services and Fees
- Manuscripts & Folklife Archives
- WKU Archives
- Kentucky Museum
|Keep up with us!
Receive emails about
programming & exhibits:
About the Kentucky Library Research Collections
The Kentucky Library Research Collections comprise a unique research center of primary sources for both the university community and general public users. Originally called the "Kentucky Library" with a mission to collect "all things Kentucky," the collection quickly grew to encompass the world. We house rare books, photographs, sheet music, rare periodicals, and specialized research collections in diverse languages or formats dating from the 15th century to today.
Our holdings are unique artifacts of local, national and international importance. Current collection holdings include more than 75,000 books and periodicals, thousands of unique extant examples of ephemera, music and political memorabilia, and an ever growing number of photographs, images, and sound / video recordings. Our materials can be accessed through the One-Search Box, TOPCAT, TopSCHOLAR®, KenCat, and in-house paper finding aids.
Unless their fragility prohibits, most items in the Kentucky Library Research Collections may be photocopied. Photocopies cost ten cents. To arrange for publication quality reproductions, go to More about Services and Fees.
- Maria Lewis, Library Assistant
- Allison Day, Assistant Professor, Kentucky Librarian
- Sue Lynn McDaniel, Associate Professor, Special Collections Librarian
- Nancy Richey, Associate Professor, Reading Room Coordinator / Visual Resources Librarian
- Lesley Montgomery, Library Assistant