- Admission Requirements
- MAE Staff
- Contact Information
- Current Student Resources
- GA Application
WKU Graduate School
Requirements for Admission to the MAE Program
Students seeking admission into the WKU Masters of Arts in Applied Economics must meet the following requirements:
- File application with WKU Graduate School with accompanying $60 fee
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation to WKU Graduate School
- Submit official copy of undergraduate degree transcript to WKU Graduate School
- Have official GRE score (within last 5 years) submitted to WKU Graduate School
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- Have a minimum GRE-Quantitative score of 147
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries a minimum TOEFL score (550 paper score, 213 computer, 79 internet based) or a 65 on the IELTS
- Completion of introductory microeconomics (Economics 202 or equivalent) course, an introductory macroeconomics (Economics 203 or equivalent) course, and an introductory statistics (Economics 206 or equivalent) course.
Alternate graduate admission test scores such as the GMAT or LSAT will be considered on a case by case basis as a substitute for the GRE.
Students who have not completed an intermediate level course (300 level or higher) course in microeconomics, macroeconomics, or statistics will be required to attend a week-long, preparatory workshop in the area of deficiency prior to the fall semester.
Economics 501 may be substituted for the microeconomics and macroeconomics preparatory workshops.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,