28 WKU students to present research at annual Posters-at-the-Capitol event
|Date: Tuesday, February 5th, 2013||Return|
Twenty-eight WKU students will present research during the 2013 Posters-at-the-Capitol event Feb. 21 in Frankfort.
- Michael B. Armstrong, an Owensboro senior, will present Regressions on Personalities and Political Preference on Collegiate Greek Letter Social Organizations with faculty mentors Rick Grieve and Thomas Reece.
- Michael Bradshaw, a Greensburg senior; William Storrs, a Gatton Academy student from Covington; William Johnson, a Gatton Academy student from Elkton; and Andrew Keltner, a St. Louis senior, will present Developing a Four-Rotored Radio Control Helicopter for Photography and Photogrammetry Applications with faculty mentor Joel Lenoir.
- David Brown, a Gatton Academy student from Central City, will present Creation of Poly(3-hexylthiophene)-Functionalized Silsesquioxane Nanorods for Organic-Based Solar Cells with faculty Hemali Rathnayake.
- Keaton Brownstead, a Glasgow junior, will present Are We Fed Economic Uncertainty? with faculty mentor Catherine Carey.
- Adam C. Edge, a Shepherdsville junior, will present Examining Human Perception of African Elephants (Loxodonta africana) and Large Trees for Insights into Conservation of an African Savanna Ecosystem with faculty mentors Bruce Schulte and Jerry Daday.
- Ryan Gott, a Gatton Academy student from Bowling Green, will present Understanding the Haptic Response of Wood Finishes with faculty mentor Chris Byrne.
- Lara van der Heiden, a Gatton Academy student from Carlisle, will present Mercury Analysis in Rafinesque Big Eared Bat Populations with faculty mentor Cathleen J. Webb.
- Nitin Krishna, a Gatton Academy student from Corbin; Hannah Pennington, a Gatton Academy student from Union; and Brandon Russell, a Bowling Green senior, will present Formulating Mathematical Models to Analyze the Treatment of Chronic Wounds with faculty mentor Richard Schugart.
- Jessica Parks, a Bowling Green senior, will present Applying Regulatory Focus Theory to Change Attitudes Toward Breastfeeding: Reaching Women Who Lack Confidence in Their Ability to Breastfeed with faculty mentor Aaron Wichman.
- Dillon Pender, an Elizabethtown senior; Lakshmi Vangala, a senior from Frederick, Md.; Vivek Badwaik, a senior from West Lafayette, Ind.; Helen Thompson, a Glasgow senior; Rammohan Paripelly, a senior from India; David Donald, a senior from Johnson City, Tenn.; and Matthew Gonzalez, a Gatton Academy student from Brodhead, will present Antimicrobial and Antiangiogenic Drugs – Relevance in Biomedical Research with faculty mentor Rajalingam Dakshinamurthy.
- Michael Powers, a Bowling Green senior, will present In Situ Time-resolved Raman and X-ray Diffraction of Rare Earth Element Ion Exchange in Nanoporous Sitinakite with faculty mentor Aaron Celestian.
- Wayne Schmitt, a Gatton Academy student from Jeffersonville, will present Microbial Fuel Cells: Generating Electricity From Mud with faculty mentors Yan Cao, Wei-Ping Pan and Hou-Yin Zhao.
- Tara Sherfey, a Glasgow senior, and Ashley Burden, a Princeton senior, will present Solutions to Access to Oral Care in Kentucky with faculty mentor Wendi Hulsey.
- Melissa Smith, a Gatton Academy student from Guthrie, and Meghan Hall, a Gatton Academy student from Hustonville, will present Does Ecology Promote Sexual Dimorphism in the Pecos Pupfish (Cyprinodon pecosensis)? with faculty mentor Michael Collyer.
- Chris Yates, a Bowling Green senior, will present Indigenous Credit Associations in Rural Botswana with faculty mentor Brian Strow.
Posters-at-the-Capitol is intended to help members of Kentucky’s legislature and the Governor better understand the importance of involving undergraduates in research, scholarly and creative work.
Contact: Blaine Ferrell, (270) 745-8842.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Friday, November 27th
Harsh Moolani, a second-year student from Owensboro, and Alexandra Wright, a second-year student from Union, were both honored by the Siemens Competition as National Semifinalists.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,