The Medical Center-WKU Health Sciences Complex Update
|Date: Thursday, February 14th, 2013||Return|
WBKO recently ran a story updating the community about the progress on the Health Sciences complex.
The Medical Center- WKU Health Sciences Complex Taking Shape
Story by Brett Baldeck.
The Medical Center - WKU Health Sciences Complex is beginning to take shape. The more than 73,000 square foot, $15.6 million facility sits in the tif district.
That means part of the funding comes from new employees hired through the program, making it a feasible option for the university.
"In terms of capital campaign projects for the university our college wasn't in the top priorities. So if this partnership didn't come about we would be looking at trying to continue to use Tate Page," says Dr. John Bonaguro, Dean of the College of Health and Human Services.
The new building at The Medical Center enables WKU to expand its nursing program . Officials hope it will address a national nursing shortage.
"It's a tremendous impact for the community. Not just The Medical Center but the whole community because we are doubling the number of bachelor prepared students to go into the nursing field. It's going to help all of our health care facilities in this region," says Bonaguro.
And the education benefits go beyond just students. Nursing staff at The Medical Center will now be able to train in a simulation lab.
Life-like mannequins who can do everything from blink to talk will simulate a human patient.
"If we are trying to train our clinical staff on a new neurological procedure or something to do in critical care or in trauma patients, we will be able to simulate that," says Melinda Joyce, Vice President of Corporate Support Services for The Medical Center.
With a scheduled completion of July 31 The Medical Center says staff will be some of the best trained in the area.
"We will have the opportunity to be able to enhance and elevate the strong educational programs we are already doing," says Joyce.
Officials hope that means patients will continue to be under the best care.
Please visit http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/The-Medical-Center---WKU-Health-Sciences-Complex-Taking-Shape-188676531.html#.UQfXssXI7xo.email to view the video that ran on WBKO.
Health Sciences Complex in January
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
8 AM - Noon
Advertising Program Also Includes Four IXD Classes Effective Fall Semester 2015
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,