18th ANNUAL BRIMS BRIDGE BUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS SATURDAY
|Date: Wednesday, February 27th, 2013||Return|
The 18th annual Barren River Imaginative Museum of Science Regional Bridge Building Championships will be Saturday at the WKU Center for Research and Development Commons Area.
Sponsors include the WKU Department of Physics & Astronomy, WKU SKyTeach, WKU Department of Architectural & Manufacturing Sciences, and the Center for Research and Development. Registration is free and is open to all middle and high students. The official invitation, schedule, rules, tips, and checklists for middle and high school are available at BRIMSbridgeBuildingcontest.wikispaces.com. The winner of this regional bridge contest has the opportunity to advance to the international contest that will be held in Chicago.
Bridges may be registered and certified on Friday from 4 to 6 p.m. or on Saturday beginning at 7:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Download the registration forms, rules, and regulations from http://brimsbridgebuildingcontest.wikispaces.com/. Individual bridge building kits can be obtained from the BRIMS Regional Committee for $5. To buy kits and arrange for pickup or delivery, email BRIMS.Bridge@gmail.com.
Contact: Liz Thomas-Hook at (270) 579-2896 or Greg Mills at (270) 745-5850.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Saturday, December 14th
New numbers out from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that fewer women in the United States are having children.
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.