- Future Student Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about our Requirements
- NEW Guaranteed BSN Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
Several small scholarships and a few larger ones are available for nursing students through the College Heights Foundation and other WKU foundations. Students who wish to be considered for these WKU scholarships must apply using the general WKU Scholarship application.
The application forms and instructions for all WKU scholarships can be found on Topnet, under the Financial Aid Tab. You must have a WKU Topnet account to apply for WKU Financial Aid.
To be eligible for a nursing scholarship you must apply using the application form no later than April 15th of the prior year. For example, nursing students seeking funding for Fall 2014 must submit an application for funding by April 15th, 2014.
Hospital Based Scholarships
There are also some scholarships for nursing students available from local hospitals. The hospital is responsible for selecting the students for these awards, and the process varies from hospital to hospital. Most of these require a work commitment from the student after graduation, so if you know you want to work for a specific hospital, please check with that facility to see if any scholarships are available.