International Education Week is a joint initiative between the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education. It is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. Founded in 2000, International Education Week is celebrated in over 100 countries. Visit the U.S. Department of State official website for more information about IEW around the globe.
The objective of International Education Week at WKU is to provide opportunities for
students, faculty, staff, and community members to engage in intercultural dialogue
and experience firsthand diverse cultures and perspectives.
International Education Week 2014 Events
Monday, November 17
- Bubble Burst: Explore What’s Outside Your Bubble at Centennial Mall (11:00-2:00)
- Get Smart About Ecuador- Fun & Facts at GRH lobby (9:30-3:30)
- I Wish Someone Had Told Me... (Study Abroad Information) at GRH 2064 (4:30-5:30)
- Japanese Film Night featuring Godzilla at GRH 1074 (6:00)
- Crude: Exploring the Complexities of Oil Extraction—A Film and Dialogue Event at Elizabethtown Historic State Theatre (7:00 ET)
Tuesday, November 18
- GlobeTrot- Discover the World, One Residence Hall at a Time at Select WKU Residence Halls (5:00-7:00)
- Geosphere at DSU Niteclass (to schedule a tour, contact Dr. Kay Gandy at email@example.com)
Wednesday, November 19
- From the Hilltop to the Global Job Market at DSU 3020 (4:30-6:00)
- Painting Matryoshka: A Russian Nesting Doll at FAC 259 (6:00-9:00)
Thursday, November 20
- Geography Awareness Day at South Campus, Room 303 (8:00-2:30)
- English Department Study Abroad Fair at Cherry Hall Lobby (10:45-2:30)
Friday, November 21
- Spanish Dance Fusion (flamenco and salsa lessons) at Gordon Wilson Hall 200A (10:30-11:30)
For more event details, visit OIP's calendar!
IEW 2014 Planning Committee
Mindy Johnson (Student Activities)
Dr. Kay Gandy (CEBS)
Dr. Sara Northerner (IEAC, IDST)
Jill Brown (LAS)
Rebekah Golla (KIIS)
Katherine Hale (SAGL)
Judith Szerdahelyi (PCAL)
Ginny Durakovich (HRL)
Ethan Sykes (HRL)
Kumi Ishii (PCAL)
Natalie Buller (Student Representative)
"International Education Week celebrates the diversity of voices that have studied abroad. It's your turn to experience international education today."
-Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
Need to promote your IEW Event?
Take advantage of University Publication's free and professional design services!
Complete a Project Request Form here and ask for your IEW marketing materials to include this year's design elements.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,