Credit for Prior Learning/Experience
Description of Prior Learning/Experience
Module based course content in all courses except ID 560 and ID 570:
Students may submit previously completed projects for a module. The instructor will assess the project using that module's evaluation rubric.
Special Topics Course:
Students may design their own course with instructor approval by:
- Designing an in-depth study on a topic of interest within the ID field.
- Selecting modules from different ID courses and/or Completing an ID training program in the workplace.
Practicum Course: Students create an ID project for an authentic workplace with approval from instructor and workplace supervisor. This is a part-time placement arranged by the student or WKU.
Internship Course: In a full semester placement in an authentic workplace setting, students will do the work on an instructional designer and create at least one large project with approval from instructor and workplace supervisor. This is a longer placement arranged by the student or WKU.
Restrictions for Projects for Prior Learning/Experience Submissions:
Special Topics course:
- Cannot choose modules from a course that you have taken or will take in your program (in other words, this course is on your approved Form C or Program of Studies).
- Prior permission for any outside training to count in this course.
- Must be clearly related to ID.
- Training should have been completed less than 6 years from the time you complete the ID program.
- Must provide clear evidence of completing the training and knowledge gained within specified time frame.
Submitting prior projects for modules within ID 572, 577, 583, 585, 587, or 588:
- Cannot submit the same project for two modules or two courses.
- Project submitted for evaluation should be completed by the student individually. It is possible for you to submit a project that is part of a team-based larger project for evaluation as long as you clearly indicate your role and the part you completed is significant and substantial to the project.
- Must be registered for a course before discussing modules or projects for Special Topics, practicum, or internship.
- Project submitted should not be older than 6 years by the time you complete the ID program.
- Projects can be submitted in the following formats: print, CD/DVD, or web-based.
Practicum and Internship placements:
You may complete this course in your own work setting if you are working in an instructional design setting or similar work environment. Otherwise, you may seek your own placement (particularly if you are not within 75 miles of the Bowling Green area). The Practicum or Internship professor will contact your supervisor several times during the course.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,