Prior to AdmissionAbout WKU
Distance Learning Options
Is Distance Learning for me?
Get EnrolledApply for Admission
Find Your Courses
Register & Set-Up Accounts
Learning OnlineUsing Blackboard
Orientation for Online Learners
Course Registration and Account Set Up
Now that you've reviewed the requirements for your degree program and spoken with your advisor, you're ready to set-up your accounts and register for classes!
Upon admission to WKU, you were assigned a WKU ID number, NetID and WKU Email. You were also given access to MyWKU (a one-stop shop for access to email, course registration, account information, etc.), TopNet (the student registration system), and Blackboard (WKU's online course delivery system). However, before you can access these areas, you will need to go through a simple account set-up process, which we've outlined below. Please note: If you have already set-up your accounts, you may skip to step three.
- Look up your WKU Student ID: Go to topnet.wku.edu, and select "What is my WKU ID?" on the right hand side of the page. Your WKU ID, also called your 800 number, is a nine digit number. Please keep this number in a secure location, as you will use it throughout your time at WKU.
- Login to TopNet: TopNet is the student registration and information system at WKU. This is where you will register for classes, check financial aid status, request transcripts, and more. Go to topnet.wku.edu to login. The first time you login, you will use your ID number that you looked up in step one as your login ID. Your PIN will be the last six digits of your social security number. You will be prompted to change your PIN during your first login.
- Register for Courses: Once you have been cleared for registration by your advisor, you will be able to register for classes in TopNet. Click the "Student Services" tab at the top of the page, select "Registration," then "Register/Add/Drop Classes." Next you will select the term for which you are registering. You may register using the 5 digit CRN for the class(es), which is in the third column of the schedule of classes, or you may search for courses to add.
- Look-up Your NetID: Within 48 hours of registration you will be assigned a WKU NetID. Your NetID allows single sign-on access for WKU Email (webmail), TopNet and Blackboard through MyWKU. To begin, go to my.wku.edu, click on "Forgot NetID?" Using your last name, date of birth and last four digits of your social security number, look up your NetID. Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page and will consist of three letters + five numbers.
- Set your NetID Password: Once you have your NetID, click "Create/Reset my NetID Password" from the menu on the right. Using your last name, date of birth and last four digits of your social security number, you will be able to set your NetID password.
- Activate your WKU Email: Within 48 hours of registration, you will be assigned a WKU email address. Your WKU email is particularly important, as it serves as the primary point of contact for your professors to reach you. To activate your email you will first need to look up your TopperMail Email address. Visit wku.edu/it/accounts/toppermail, select Lookup my TopperMail Email Address from the menu on the right. Note this address and check it often.
- Sign into MyWKU: You should now have your student ID number, your NetID and your WKU email address, which means that you're ready to sign-in to my.wku.edu! Go to MyWKU and login using your NetID and NetID Password. Save MyWKU to your favorites, so you will have one click access to your WKU Email, Blackboard, TopNet and more!
For additional assistance contact the WKU Help Desk by calling 270-745-7000 or
visiting http://www.wku.edu/it/ to submit an online help request or participate in a live chat session.
Proceed to "Accessing Blackboard"
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,