OU Campus FAQs
Click on a question below for the answer.
- What is OU Campus?
- OU Campus from OmniUpdate is a content management system (cms) that helps you build and maintain your web content. After a rigorous selection process in committee, OU Campus was ultimately selected because it's flexibility and capability.
- Does my website belong in OU Campus?
- All Administrative and Support units belong in OU Campus. At this time, organizations and personal websites will not be managed through OU Campus.
- How do I gain access to OU Campus?
- Your site manager (or department head, dean, or director) can request for you to have access to a particular site. If you have not yet attended OU Campus training, you will need to do so. After completing training, IT will add your user to the requested site and you will access OU Campus using your WKU NetID and password.
- Does OU Campus require a software installation?
- No, OU Campus is a web based application and only requires a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozillla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) to run. It runs on most all modern browsers and can be accessed anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Does access to OU Campus cost money?
- No, access to OU Campus does not cost money. OU Campus is licenced by WKU and there is no additional cost you or your department will incur.
- What is the difference between a site manager and a content coordinator?
- Site Manager and Content Coordinator are the two different access levels in OU Campus. Site Managers can do the following things that Content Coordinators cannot: manage image sliders, manage breadcrumbs, and manage menu (navigation) items. Not to confuse things, but we also have the ability to give a Content Coordinator the permission to edit image sliders without giving them permission to modify the navigation or breadcrumb.
- What is the difference between a site manager and a main site contact?
- Site Manager is a user permission role in OU Campus (see previous FAQ). The main site contact (who is also required to be a Site Manager) is the person IT will contact with any questions about your site, should anything arise. The Main Site Contact, in addition to Department Heads, Deans, and Directors, may also request to have users added to their site.
- I have a feature request, who do I send it to?
- You may submit a feature request using our Request Help Form, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know the feasibility of your request - and if feasible, we will let you know a timeframe for completing your request. OU Campus is constantly adding new features, so even if a request you have is not feasible now, it does not mean that it can never happen.
- Can someone help me organize my content?
- Creative Web Services, a department in Public Affairs, will be glad to help you organize your content. We highly recommend that you speak with Creative Web Services before entering content into OU Campus, even if you think your content is already organized. You can contact the office of Creative Web Services at the following address: email@example.com.
- What templates are available?
- Currently, there are three template families and they are defined by what type of navigation menu they use. The template families are: Top Navigation Family, Left Navigation Family, and Hybrid Navigation Family. Each template family has 2 templates - one that utilizes an additional column on the right, and one that does not. To view all templates that are available and see them in use, please see our Funny Monkeys site.
- What kind of styling is recommended?
- We have a style guide available with recommendations on how to style your content at our Style Guide site
- How can I stay up-to-date on what's going on with WKU's implementation of OU Campus?
- There are a couple different ways to stay up-to-date with what is going on with WKU's implementation of OU Campus. First, you should join the WKU Webmasters email list - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list. Second, you can check this site for new features. Third, we will be starting a blog soon outlining current and new features of OU Campus and we will post that address here when it is available.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,