- Parent and Family Programs
- Activate your Membership
- Join the Parents Advisory Council
- Give to the Parents Fund
- Parent and Family Weekend
- Honors College Parents Association
Purpose of the Parents Association
Western Kentucky University Parents Association serves as the official parent and family member organization. The Association links our institution and the parents and family members of current students. Its primary purpose is to support the mission of WKU's Parent and Family Programs--to engage parents and family members of current WKU students as partners in ensuring student success.
The Parents Association achieves this purpose by:
- Directly connecting parents and family members of current WKU students to University administrators;
- Supporting Parent and Family Programs events and activities;
- Providing feedback and identifying and advocating needs and concerns of other WKU parents and family members to University administrators;
- Assisting the University in fundraising for the Parents Fund which supports non-university funded programs and student directed initiatives; and,
- Engaging in outreach activities designed to acquaint prospective students, parents, and family members with WKU, promote Parents Association membership, and connect parents and family members to each other.
Parents Association Membership
General Membership is free to all parents and family members of current WKU students; however, to receive all of the benefits listed below, you must activate your membership. Benefits of General Membership include:
- Access to the Parent and Family Programs website and social media sites
- Hard copy of the Parent Guide mailed to your student's permanent address
- Subscription to the Hilltopper Parent Press e-newsletter (coming soon!)
- Invitation to attend Parent and Family Programs events and activities including Parent and Family Weekend
Families looking to further support the Association may be interested in joining at the Bronze Membership level. Benefits of Bronze Membership include:
- All benefits of General Membership
- One Parent Pride Pack
- Two Membership Discount Cards (one for your family and one for your student) featuring discounts at local restaurants, hotels, and retail stores
- Eligibility to serve on the Parents Advisory Council
Bronze Membership is $55 per family mailing address--even if your family has more than one student enrolled at WKU--for the first year, renewable each year your student is enrolled at WKU for an additional $35 (Parent Pride Pack not included in Bronze Membership after the first year).
Registration for the Bronze Membership level will be available soon.
The Silver Membership level is $120 per family mailing address (a discount of $40 over four years!), even if your family has more than one student enrolled at WKU, which covers your Bronze Membership for your student's tenure at WKU (includes one Parent Pack).
Registration for the Silver Membership level will be available soon.
Gold Membership allows families to maintain long-term connections to the Parents Association and WKU. This membership is $480 and includes your Silver Membership and a gift to the Parents Fund to cover your lifetime membership benefits.
Registration for the Gold Membership level will be available soon.