- Student Resources
- Why Study Physics & Astronomy at WKU?
- Colloquium Schedule
- Hardin Planetarium
- Student Organizations
- Western Kentucky Physics Olympics
- Physics on the Hill Newsletter
- Alumni Info
- Giving to the Department
- Back to Ogden College Home Page
For further information on
WKU Physics and Astronomy
send email to:
Mailing Address:Physics and Astronomy
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #11077
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1077
Dr. Sanju Gupta
- PHYS 256 - University Physics I Lab
- PHYS 460 – Solid State Physics
- PHYS 406 – Solid State Physics Lab
- PHYS 440 – Electromagnetism I
- PHYS 480 - Quantum Mechanics
- PHYS 599 – Thesis/Research Writing
My research interests and expertise lie in two categories namely, Experimental Condensed-matter Materials Physics and Experimental Biophysics.
- Design, synthesis, processing, and characterization of a range of nanoscale materials, in general,
- In particular, low-dimensional carbons / nanocarbons, such as nanodiamond, nanotubes, graphene, nanocomposites, for a range of technological applications such as alternative energy sources (supercapacitors, batteries, photovoltaics etc.),
- Surface / Interfacial science, Nano-bio interface / interaction, Topology and Geometry Aspects in Functional Materials (e.g. Curved carbons, Schwarzites, Catenoids etc.). A range of state-of-the-art structural and property measurement techniques are employed to achieve these goals.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,