STEPS TO PRODUCING A NEW PUBLICATION
1. Schedule a meeting by contacting University Publications
2. First meeting with Publications
Be prepared to discuss:
- existing publication (if any)
- communication goals
- On portable media (CD, USB drive), attached to an e-mail or sent to the University Shared Drive (University Publications)
- In a .doc file or email with as little formatting as possible
- Edited, revised, spelling, grammar, and fact-checked (it is essential that you proof your text and prepare a final draft before you submit it to University Publications).
- Reviewed and approved by supervisor
3. Production Schedule
If possible, please allow us TWO WEEKS to design a first proof for small projects (brochures, ads, posters) and THREE WEEKS to design a first proof for large projects (booklets, newsletters, magazines). Allow TWO WEEKS for conventional offset printing or four days for digital printing.
- Publications will e-mail a PDF file or drop off an ink-jet proof.
- Publications will refine the design and present additional proofs.
- Publications will get cost estimates from six printers; you choose.
- When you are satisfied, give written permission to print. E-mail is fine.
- Give Publications the budget code (index number) for the job.
- Publications will submit an Online Print Request form.
- Publications will send all necessary job files to printer.
- Carefully review the printer’s proof. The next time you see your job, it will be printed.
- The printer will deliver the publication to your department or to Central Receiving.
- Publications will send a short satisfaction survey.
- Tell us where we need to improve our service, and send the survey back to us.
We thank you for your business!