MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH
The MPH program evaluates the overall quality of applicants including academic achievement, personal motivation, knowledge about the public health profession, health related and life experience, and recommendations.
Admission Requirements for the Master of Public Health:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or its equivalent.
- At least an undergraduate minor in health, or previous education in the sciences basic to health.
- A minimum GAP score of 593
[GAP = (GRE-V + GRE-Q) + (Undergraduate GPA x 100)]
Students who took the GRE between 2002 and August 2011 must submit a minimum GAP score of 2200 [GAP = (GRE-V+GRE-Q) x Undergraduate GPA].
Students who took the GRE prior to 2002 must submit a minimum GAP score of 3500 [GAP = (GRE-V + GRE-Q + GRE-A) x Undergraduate GPA].
- A recommended GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- If applicable, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam: minimum score of 500 on the written TOEFL; or minimum of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (IBL).
- All applicants are encouraged to take the GRE. However, full admission will be granted to applicants who fulfill one of the following conditions: GRE minimum of 145 for the verbal score, 148 for the quantitative score, and 3.5 for analytical writing score, cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 on 4.0 scale from an accredited university in the United States.
- Submission of a written Statement of Purpose, Resume, and 2 letters of Academic Reference.
All application materials must be submitted to the WKU office of graduate studies (http://www.wku.edu/graduate/) in a timely manner to enable graduate studies and admissions committee to process your application promptly.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,