About the WKU Board of Regents
The governing body of Western Kentucky University is an 11 member Board of Regents. Eight of the members are appointed by the Governor from among nominees submitted by a nominating commission. These members serve up to two six-year terms.
Faculty and staff representatives are elected by their peers to three-year terms. The student representative is the President of the Student Government Association and is elected to a one-year term.
All members have voting privileges.
2013 Meeting Schedule / Agendas*
Unless otherwise noted, board meetings take place in the Cornelius A. Martin Regents Room located on the second floor of the Mass Media and Technology Hall.
- First Quarterly Meeting - January 25, 2013 (AGENDA)
- Second Quarterly Meeting - April 26, 2013 (AGENDA)
- Special Budget Approval Meeting and Committees: June 21, 2013
- Board of Regents Retreat - July 25, 2013
- Third Quarterly Meeting - July 26, 2013
- Fourth Quarterly Meeting - October 25, 2013
- First Quarterly Meeting- January 24, 2014
- March 29, 2013 (AGENDA - revised)
- June 21, 2013
- September 27, 2013
- December 13, 2013
Special Called Meeting
- April 1, 2013 (AGENDA)