The student's initial term of entry is identified as the student's "catalog term."
Catalog term rights include the following:
- A student shall be entitled to follow general education/ Colonnade and major/minor
degree requirements contained in the current catalog when first enrolled at WKU as
a degree-seeking student. This does not preclude the addition of requirements arising
from action of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- A student will be allowed seven consecutive years from his/her catalog term to complete
degree requirements. The college dean may grant an extension to this deadline.
- A student who stops out and re-enrolls after an absence of seven consecutive years
or more will be assigned the catalog term of the readmission term.
- A student's catalog term will be changed to a more recent term if the student, in
consultation with the advisor and with the approval by the department head, agrees
to follow more recent degree requirements.
- Students who were first enrolled at WKU prior to Fall 2014 will have until Fall 2019
to complete general education requirements as outlined in the undergraduate catalog
of the year of their enrollment, unless they determine, in consultation with their
academic advisor, to transition to the new WKU Colonnade General Education program.
Academic departments reserve the right to authorize appropriate course substitutions
for earlier versions of major/minor requirements in which required courses have been