- Prepares students to serve as reflective decision makers in instructional settings
for diverse learners.
- Provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are designed to address
student learning from a holistic perspective and incorporate knowledge and skills
from multiple disciples.
- Prepares teachers to facilitate the learning at high levels and to implement best
practices in schooling through collaboration.
- Provides educational opportunities for students interested in careers in science and
- Offers a broad range of degree programs in agriculture, biology, chemistry, computer
science, engineering, geography, geology, architectural design, manufacturing sciences,
mathematics, physics and astronomy.
- Provides unique opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to transition
from academia to the workplace through participation in supervised, hands-on applied
research and technological projects.
- Innovative and highly successful teacher preparation program for students majoring
in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Unique four-year program was initiated at The University of Texas at Austin in 1997
by Dr. Mary Ann Rankin, Dean of the College of Natural Sciences, and is now being
replicated at 21 universities around the country.
- Primary goal is to increase the number and quality of math and science teachers nationwide.
- Created to improve K-12 math and science education.
- Functions as a strategic holding company, bringing proven operating and scale-up capabilities
to help grantees replicate effective educational programs to improve American competitiveness,
including training and incentive programs for AP and pre-AP courses.
- Awards grants in multiple states across the country in an attempt to scale-up the
two founding programs, AP and UTeach.
- SKyTeach has partnerships with many school districts in the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative.
- Most of the field placements for SKyTeach courses are in BGISD and WCSD classrooms.
- Through this partnership, students get support from practicing K-12 teachers who model
effective, inquiry-based classroom instruction.