- Prepares students to serve as reflective decision makers in instructional settings for diverse learners.
- Provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are designed to address student learning from a holistic perspective and incorporate knowledge and skills from multiple disciples.
- Prepares teachers to facilitate the learning at high levels and to implement best practices in schooling through collaboration.
- Provides educational opportunities for students interested in careers in science and engineering.
- Offers a broad range of degree programs in agriculture, biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geography, geology, architectural design, manufacturing sciences, mathematics, physics and astronomy.
- Provides unique opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to transition from academia to the workplace through participation in supervised, hands-on applied research and technological projects.
- Innovative and highly successful teacher preparation program for students majoring in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Unique four-year program was initiated at The University of Texas at Austin in 1997 by Dr. Mary Ann Rankin, Dean of the College of Natural Sciences, and is now being replicated at 21 universities around the country.
- Primary goal is to increase the number and quality of math and science teachers nationwide.
- Created to improve K-12 math and science education.
- Functions as a strategic holding company, bringing proven operating and scale-up capabilities to help grantees replicate effective educational programs to improve American competitiveness, including training and incentive programs for AP and pre-AP courses.
- Awards grants in multiple states across the country in an attempt to scale-up the two founding programs, AP and UTeach.
- SKyTeach has partnerships with many school districts in the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative.
- Most of the field placements for SKyTeach courses are in BGISD and WCSD classrooms.
- Through this partnership, students get support from practicing K-12 teachers who model effective, inquiry-based classroom instruction.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,