The Sport Management Program at Western Kentucky University requires the completion of a 400 clock hour internship with an organization with a sport emphasis. Sites may vary from professional, collegiate, and amatuer sport organizations to private sport businesses.
It is up to the student, in conjunction with their advisor to determine which type of organization best fits the students career interest and aspirations. In order to register for the internship experience, each student must:
1. Complete all program admission requirements and all major courses with a minimum earned grade of C.
2. Have a minimum GPA of 2.8 or higher in the SPM Major Coursework.
3. Print, read, and understand the Internship Manual. A copy of this manual should be provided to the potential internship site surpervisor so that they might know the requirements of the internship.
4. Submit an internship application form at least one (1) semester prior to the planned
internship. The application must be submitted before registration into SPM 490.
5. Gain approval for internship by faculty internship supervisor.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,