Study Abroad Photo Contest
Every semester, the Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning invites study abroad veterans to submit their favorite photos for presentation during the Study Abroad Photo Contest. This year the deadline to receive submissions is Monday, March 4th.
There will be four categories:
- Promoting WKU abroad - the photo must show how a student is promoting WKU abroad.
- Best landscape - the submission must show distinctive cityscapes, landscapes or scenery unique to the country. The viewer must be able to tell you were in a different country.
- People interaction - the photo must show a WKU student interacting with locals and experiencing the culture or daily communication/engagement between locals in the host country.
- Staff favorite - SAGL staff will vote for their favorite photo.
These photos should lend themselves to promotion of the Study Abroad and Global Learning Office and study abroad in general. Photos that lend themselves more readily to use in marketing materials such as posters, flyers, postcards, etc. are more likely to be selected.
Only one entry per student per category is allowed for categories 1, 2, and 3. The staff favorite will be selected from the entire submission group. Additionally, all properly submitted pictures (maximum of 5) are eligible to be selected as part of the 50 photos that will be displayed for public voting.
One overall winner (most votes) will receive a $100 scholarship and four individual winners (one for each category) will receive a $25 scholarship each.
- Open to all WKU students that studied abroad in Fall 2012 and Winter 2013.
- Maximum of 5 photos per student.
- Photo file name must include: Student first initial and last name and location, e.g. J.Doe_CostaRica1
- In the email submission, please indicate which photo's are being submitted for what category.
- Photos must be submitted digitally as a .jpg file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos should be at least 1MB (print quality).
- Photos must be accompanied by a digital photo release form in order to be taken into consideration.
Any submissions that do not meet these criteria will NOT be considered for the contest.