Study Abroad Media Contest
Every semester, the Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning invites study abroad alumni to submit their best photos and videos to the Study Abroad Media Contests.
Students who studied abroad in Spring 2016 and/or Summer 2016 are eligible to submit photos for the Fall 2016 Contest.
Spring 2017: Submission Deadline March 1
Students who study abroad in Fall 2016 and/or Winter 2017 are eligible to submit photos
for the Spring 2017 Contest.
Prizes and the Process
- You can submit multiple photos if you would like to do so! Simply complete this quick form for each photo so that we have all of the information we need to enter your photos into the contest.
- The student who submits the photo with the most votes in each category receives a $200* scholarship.
- Initial voting for the Photo contest will be done within the SAGL office to determine finalists.
- Voting for the winners will take place on the SAGL Facebook page during October for the Fall contest and during March for the Spring contest.
- The winning media pieces will be featured on the SAGL social media outlets and website and may be hung in the Honors College and International Center "Adventures of the Red Towel" photo wall.
- Photos must have been taken during the student's study abroad program by the student submitting the photo unless he or she is featured in the photo (Obtain permission from the photographer).
- Photos must be at least 1MB (more than 1,000KB) in size.
- Photos must meet the standards of the student code of conduct. Photos may not feature prohibited activities, drugs, alcohol, violence, nudity, etc.
- Image quality: Images should be high resolution, in focus, with good composition, etc.
- Quality of the caption provided
- Suitability for use in SAGL marketing materials: features positive aspects of the student's experience, interactions between people, cultural and educational engagement, red towel photos, etc.
*Contests and voting occur after some students may have graduated. Scholarships can
only be awarded to current students but an alternative prize package will be given
to any winning student who has graduated.
**Submitted materials which do not meet this criteria will be disqualified from the contest but may be considered for use in SAGL promotional materials.
Spring 2015 Hilltoppers Abroad Winner, United Kingdom (England)
Spring 2015 Global Classroom Winner, Belize
Spring 2015 New Horizons Winner, United Kingdom (Wales)
Spring 2015 Thank You WKU Winner, United Kingdom (England)
Cultural Encounters Example, Ghana
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,