Once you have explored your options and decided on your goals for study abroad, talk to the WKU Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning (SAGL) to start the application process in a few, easy steps.
- Submit your Initial Interest Form: The first step in the Study Abroad Application Process is to begin a new application on TopNet. Here are the steps:
1. Log in at topnet.wku.edu
2. Select "Student Services"
3. Select "Study Abroad Application Process"
4. Enter the term in which you want to study abroad
5. Click "Submit" to start a new application
6. Click "Step 1: Initial Interest Form"
- Meet with your study abroad advisor: Once you complete the Initial Interest Form, the Study Abroad and Global Learning office will contact you to set up an appointment with our advisor. During that meeting, you'll be able to learn about the various programs we offer, as well as scholarship opportunities and other helpful resources.
- Complete your program selection form: During the appointment, you will be given program option to explore. Once you decide
on a program, you have to inform the Study Abroad Advisor of your choice. After you
have selected your program, you will be able to complete STEP 2 on TOPNET. This step will also allow you to start applying for the WorldTopper Scholarship —an award to help WKU students go global. All students who wish to apply for the
WorldTopper Scholarship must have materials submitted by March 8th for Summer and Fall Semesters, and by October 26th for Winter and Spring terms. In case you select a program that is offered through
one of our partner providers or partner universities, you will also have to fill out
the application form for that partner or university at this step of the application.
- After the successful submission of the Program Selection Form(Step 2), your TopNet
Account will be charged a Study Abroad Application Fee. Click here for more information.
- After the successful submission of the Program Selection Form(Step 2), your TopNet Account will be charged a Study Abroad Application Fee. Click here for more information.
- After endorsement: Once you have been accepted to participate in study abroad, you will start the pre-departure process. This will be STEP 3 on TOPNET. During STEP 3 you choose your classes with your academic advisor (course equivalency) and talk to Financial Aid office about finances. The pre-departure process will include acknowledging your program responsibilities and the completion of information regarding course equivalencies, and regarding insurance. If you are participating on a faculty led study abroad program, you will also pay your program deposit. You will also provide the Study Abroad office with a copy of your passport and emergency contact information. After completing STEP 3 you are required to attend one of the pre-departure orientations. To view the dates of the pre-departure orientation session, and to find out what is the earliest one available for you, please view our Study Abroad Calendar.
Before you leave the SAGL office: Be sure to r.s.v.p. to one of the pre-departure orientations. This gives you important information on:
- Emergency contact procedures
- Getting the most out of your program
If your decision to study abroad should change: If at any point during the study abroad process your decision to study abroad should change, please contact your study abroad advisor or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.