Proposal Approval Process
Program proposals for 2013-2014 academic year are closed.
Proposal Deadline Schedule for 2014-2015 academic year.
April 1, 2014
Program proposals due for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015
October 1, 2014
Program proposals for Spring or Summer 2015.
*** Remember, program leader signatures along with department head and dean are required on all proposals.
Study Away Leader Information Session
If you're interested in leading a study away or a faculty-led study abroad program, please follow the link below to register for this professional development opportunity.
We will offer the same session two times. Please sign up for one.
- January 22 @ 3 pm
- January 24 @ 9 am
Both at the Center for Faculty Development at the Erskine House.
The sessions are primarily for faculty looking to develop new programs, but experienced leaders are welcome as well.
You can see the events on the calendar now:
WKU credit programs with off-campus travel led by or with approval of WKU faculty or other appropriate WKU representative.
Step 1 — Start by reviewing these documents so you have an idea of how this all works.
- Study Away Program Leader Guidelines (updated December 2011)
- Study Away Program Development Flowchart
- Compensation Statement (revised December 6, 2013)
The Study Away Office has a limited supply of funds for Program Leader Travel Grants
to help you complete a site assessment.
Contact Us to get started.
Step 2— Complete the program proposal and travel forms.
- Study Away Program Proposal Instructions
- Study Away Program Proposal Application - PDF form (update Dec 2013)
- Study Away Program Proposal Application - Word (update Dec 2013)
Step 3 – After the initial approval, work with the Study Away office on bringing it all to life. The Study Away Office will create the budget based upon the information you provide.
- Study Away Post Approval Steps
- Study Away Program Leader Agreement - PDF form - signed after budget agreement
- WKU Travel Authorization- Log in and complete the online form. It should be routed to Dept head. Study Away will provide the figures to use for the form.
Step 4 — Once the budget is set, it is time to recruit and prepare for your departure date.