- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
FALL 2015 STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATIONSWILL BE AVAILABLE FROM JANUARY 28, 2015 UNTIL FEBRUARY 13, 2015 ON THE STUDENT TEACHING WEB PAGE http://www.wku.edu/teacherservices/student_teaching/apply/index.php Applications for the FALL 2015 semester must be returned to the Student Teaching Office, Gary Ransdell Hall 2052, BEFORE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2015, 2014, 4:30 p.m. CDT
Applications for SPRING 2015 will not be available on line FEBRUARY 13, 2015
See: Student Teaching Applications
Visit the CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives website to read experiences students have had while doing student teaching abroad.
Student teaching is an opportunity for pre-service teachers to practice with supervision what they have learned about teaching. The Student Teaching Staff is responsible for verifying that students are qualified to student teach, for making their placements in area schools, for choosing appropriate personnel to supervise the student teachers, and for maintaining accurate records.
We encourage those who plan to student teach to visit us no later than early in the semester prior to student teaching. Each student teacher will be notified by mail as to his/her placement. If there are questions, please feel free to contact us at 270-745-4896.
Student Forms & Applications (WKU Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning)
Teacher Work Sample
- TWS Revised Scoring Form (Bubble Sheet) (Spring 2011 and after)
- Teacher Work Sample Revised Prompt and Rubric (old version: Fall 2010)
- Teacher Work Sample Data Collection Information
- Videos *:
Links for Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Graduate Initial Certification
Links for Cooperating Teachers
Links for University Supervisors
- Student Teaching Evaluation (for supervisor use only)
News and Announcements
- German teacher receives WKU honor [Video: View from the Hill | Pictures] (3/3/2014)
- Student Teacher's experiences in South Korea (Youtube; WKU News)
For more information on Student Teaching, contact: Ms. Lillian Davis
* (Videos) : If your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome) requires a plugin to play these videos and you do not have this plugin and do not wish to install it, you can try seeing the video in Internet Explorer which may already have this plugin installed.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,