Other FaCET-Created Web Resources
Beginning of Term/Setting Objectives
- Syllabus Template and Directions. Download an editable copy of a syllabus with required policies in it.
- Tools for Teaching Online (planning, course banners, & other tools)
- Powerpoint Templates for Your Classroom
Activities for Your Courses
- Using News Media in Your Courses including the New York Times Program
- QR Codes in Education
- Field Trip Information
- Teaching Study Abroad And Study Away, sample syllabi
- Counting Vowels in 30 Seconds: A demonstration for students of how to improve their learning skills.
- A Bit of Whimsey: Mysteries and Academia
- PC Screen Savers for download
- Should I learn this Technology Tool?
- Quandary Software Videos
- Innovation Ideas from POD Participants
- Searchable / Sortable Quotations :
- Grading Goody Bags
- No Tech "Clickers": A low cost alternative to clickers is printing enough of this document (front and back on one paper) that has a large "A," "B," "C," and "D". You ask a question and students fold the paper in half and then hold up the half with their answer facing the teacher. You can scan the crowd and quickly see their responses. Of course you can use this with any type of question, just indicate, for example, that the "A" represents "Yes." We encourage you to re-use the papers to conserve paper.
End of Term
Teacher Evaluation & Professional Issues
- Teaching: A Poem by Jim Wayne Miller
- English vs English and Education terms.Have you ever tried to read educational literature from another English speaking country? Then you know that terms can have different meanings or unfamiliar phrases appear. Use this interactive website to check your understanding.
- 5-Minute FaCETs
- Information about Teaching/Learning Development Units in Higher Education (TLDUs or CTLs). This is the most complete listing of units providing instructional support to faculty world wide. It is part of the director's research area.
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
email@example.com -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: June 22, 2011; Last modified: August 11, 2014.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,