Search Tools for Various Purposes
- Find the best information on teaching in higher education. Search using the PODNetwork tool that searches over 700 faculty development centers worldwide for the answers. Find the most precise and current information concerning your teaching question.
- Search Important Higher Education Groups. Google Custom Search Engines enable you to focus your search on a subset of websites most relevant to particular questions. For example, you can search just WKU benchmarks to find out what other departments like yours are doing. Or just Kentucky postsecondary education institutions.
- Intellectual Property. Visit this WKU library site for a custom search tool on intellectual property (See lower right).
- English vs English and Education terms. Have you ever tried to read educational literature from another English speaking country? Then you know that terms can have different meanings or unfamiliar phrases appear. Use this interactive website to check your understanding.
- Making your own Custom Search Engine for your disciplinary content. Here are template files for creating your own CSE:
- Right Click and "Save Target As" to save this .txt file for use in Excel
- Access database file
- Presentation on how to make your own CSE
- Utility to convert Favorites to a txt file. You'll have to reformat for Excel (gives description on one line, URL on next).
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
email@example.com -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: March 4, 2011; Last modified: May 15, 2012.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,