Testing Procedure Information
What you need to know before taking a proctored exam in the DL Testing Center
- Your instructor will tell you what dates s/he wants you to take your exams. It is your responsibility to schedule your proctored exam with the DL Testing Center or at another proctored location.
- Parking for the DL Testing Centers
- Parking at WKU is a challenge. You will need to give yourself plenty of time to get a visitor parking pass and find a parking spot.
- To obtain detailed information about parking passes and parking locations, please visit the Parking and Transportation website at wku.edu/transportation.
- If you have any questions or concerns about parking on the WKU campus you may contact the Parking and Transportation Office at (270) 745-2361.
- Testers requiring parking accommodations due to accessibility issues, please contact Parking and Transportation or click here: http://www.wku.edu/transportation/disability/
- Check in
- You will need to go through a check-in procedure so please plan to arrive five to ten minutes before your scheduled exam to complete the necessary paperwork. Check in is done in Garrett Conference Center RM 108 for main campus testing. Check in is done in C240 for south campus testing.
- You must show a current photo ID before you will be allowed to take an exam at either testing location. Valid forms of ID are: WKU Student ID, state-issued driver’s license, passport, or other government issued photo ID.
- Testing Times
- The time you reserve for your exam is the time that your exam starts. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your exam and testing center is full, you will not be allowed to take the test and will have to reschedule. You will not be given an extension of time if you start your test late.
- Personal Items
- All personal items, purses, hats, cell phones, PDAs, books, papers, etc. must be stored in storage bins. Individual storage for personal items is available inside the testing room. All cell phones must be turned off inside the testing center.
- Books, calculators, etc.
- You may not use books, notes, calculators, or other aids when taking your exam unless your instructor has given permission to the DL Testing Pro-staff that such items are allowed during your exam. Instructors supply this information in advance of your testing dates.
- Food and drink
- No food or drink of any kind will be allowed inside the testing room.
- Cheating on exams
- Proctors in the testing centers will monitor you during your exam. Monitoring includes
watching from a seated position in the room, walking through the room, and viewing
a computer screen showing a video feed from the cameras that are in use inside the
If you are caught cheating on an exam, the proctor will report the incident to the DL Testing Pro-staff member on duty and will write an incident report which will be given to the faculty member for whose class you were taking the exam. The faculty member will then take appropriate action which may include a failing grade "F" on the exam or a failing grade "F" in the course. Additional actions which may be taken involve probation, suspension or expulsion from the university as deemed by the Offices of Student Life and Judicial Affairs.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,