The WKU Writing Center
The Writing Center offers individual conferences about writing with our staff of English majors and graduate students. Our services are available to all Western Kentucky University students.
Spring 2014 Hours:
Writing Center locations will be open for spring semester hours starting February 3.
Cherry Hall 123
|Monday - Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
||Friday||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|(on the 4th floor in the Commons)|
||Monday||3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
||Tuesday||2:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
||Wednesday||2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
||Thursday||2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
What we do:
Writers need feedback from readers to help refine their writing. The Writing Center can give you this feedback. Our tutors will talk with you about your writing to help you:
- brainstorm ideas
- clarify main points
- strengthen logic and support
- smooth out organization
- integrate sources and credit them properly
- fine-tune sentence style
- learn to proofread
Because we want to help you become a better writer, we won't edit or proofread your paper for you. We will help you learn to revise and edit so you will be better able to catch your own errors and improve your own content, organization, and style.
Schedule an Appointment:
- Visit our Appointment Scheduler here (for all locations).
- Don't miss the video tutorial about scheduling.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Call our primary location in 123 Cherry Hall at (270) 745-5719 during our operating hours if you have questions or would prefer to schedule your appointment by phone.
- Visit the Glasgow Writing Center's webpage or call (270) 659-6900 if you live in or near Glasgow and have questions or would like to schedule your appointment by phone.
Get a Response to Your Paper Online:
If you can't make it to any of our locations during our office hours, you can get feedback on your writing by email.
- We give priority for online response to students who do not live in Bowling Green.
- We will not proofread your entire paper for you by email.
Stay Up-to-Date on All Things Writing Center:
The Writing Center offers helpful feedback on any kind of writing by working with students to help them improve themselves and become better writers.