WKU and Groupe Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de St-Etienne - France (St. Etienne School of Management) offer an exciting opportunity for WKU students to earn a degree from both institutions..
WKU students must be admitted to the Gordon Ford College of Business before beginning their course work at ESC St. Etienne. Acceptance into the dual degree program is contingent on being accepted into the Gordon Ford College of Business, approval of the WKU Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning, and approval of ESC St. Etienne.
All students must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours (60 ECTS credits) at WKU and a minimum of 30 semester hours (60 ECTS credits) at ESC St. Etienne. All students must earn a minimum of 120 semester hours (240 ECTS credits) for graduation. All students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 at WKU and a minimum cumulative (WKU and other work) of 2.0.
WKU students should complete the equivalent of the following GFCB courses prior to beginning study at ESC St. Etienne.
• Accounting 200, Introductory Accounting -- Financial
• Accounting 201, Introductory Accounting – Managerial
• Communication 161, Business and Professional Speaking
• Computer Information Systems 141, Basic Computer Literacy
• Computer Information Systems 243, Principles of MIS (recommended)
• Economics 202, Principles of Economics -- Microeconomics
• Economic 203, Principles of Economics – Macroeconomics
• Economics 206, Business Statistics
• French 102, Elementary French II
• French 201, Intermediate French I (recommended)
• French 202, Intermediate French II (recommended)
• Marketing 220, Basic Marketing Concepts
• Management 200, Legal Environment of Business (recommended)
• Management 210, Organization and Management
• Mathematics 116, College Algebra
WKU students will normally complete 30 semester hours (60 ECTS credits) of courses work at ESC St. Etienne. This includes:
• French Language (appropriate level as determined by ESC St. Etienne; WKU credit will be evaluated by the Department of Modern Languages upon return to WKU)
• International Business electives and required courses
Students returning from ESC St. Etienne will complete the following requirements, along with any remaining general education and major course requirements:
• Finance 330, Principles of Financial Management (first semester)
• Management 314, Operations Management (first semester)
• Management 498, Strategy and Policy OR Entrepreneurship 496, Small Business Analysis and Strategy (final semester)