Career Coaches are the best resource that the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC) has to offer! They go above and beyond to individualize solutions for each student and alumnus. By reaching out to a Career Coach, you will build a great relationship with a professional who cares about your success and can help you map out your professional journey.
Career Coaches assist in many different areas, including:
- General major and career-related coaching
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Practice interviews
- Information and preparation for career fairs
- Internship assistance
- Graduate school guidance
- Professionalism training
- Personal branding.
When meeting with a Career Coach, you can expect to engage in a confidential, friendly, and motivating personal exchange in a 30-minute appointment. Meet our staff!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Our goal is to help address your career questions in a way that is most convenient for you. This is why we offer phone, Zoom, FaceTime, and email appointments in addition to in-person appointments during office hours. If you don't have time to schedule an appointment or you just have a simple question, take advantage of our Career Studio for quick assistance.
Make your own appointment using Handshake
- Log into Handshake using your NetID and password, https://wku.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click on Career Center, Appointments, Schedule New Appointment
- Find your Career Coach by College, Choose a time, Select the appointment medium of either phone or video
- Be sure to put your phone number in the “What can we help you with?” box.
Reach out by phone. We're happy to help!
Call 270-745-3095 to chat with one of the Career Coaches, Monday-Friday from 9 am-4 pm.
- If they are meeting with another student, leave a message and you will receive a return phone call.
We are happy to help by Email
Email CareerHelp@wku.edu. This is a good way to receive feedback and assistance with resumes, cover letters, and other career issues. You will receive a response within 24-48 business hours. If you need immediate feedback, reach out to the Career Coaches in the Career Studio.
Use the Online Request Form if you want a Career Coach to reach out to you.
Online Request Form: Contact Us
Providing a phone number and a time to call will make it easier to reach you, though an email address can work also.
Drop by the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC).
NOTE: Due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 virus, the ACDC has moved to virtual drop-in
opportunities through theCareer Studio.
The ACDC is located in the Downing Student Union, room 2001.
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm.