Professional Learning Communities for Faculty
Professional learning communities provide the opportunity for a group of interdisciplinary faculty to discuss and reflect on a variety of topics related to teaching, the scholarship of teaching, active and deep learning, and other forms of faculty life, including scholarly and creative activities.
The Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning coordinates and facilitates several professional learning communities each academic year:
- to support the teaching and learning mission of the university;
- to provide a collegial, supportive, collaborative, and transdisciplinary environment for faculty to discuss and reflect on their practice as educators;
- to disseminate information on best-practices in teaching, pedagogy, and assessment of student learning, and to provide support to faculty with implementation;
- to build awareness and engage faculty in the scholarship of teaching; and
- to disseminate information on high-impact practices and their role in promoting deep learning and student engagement.
If you have an idea for a PLC or wish to develop or lead one, please contact email@example.com at the Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning to discuss your ideas and interests. We would love to work with you.