The advertising major provides a number of opportunities for students to build an impressive resume and on-line portfolio. Class projects, competitions, and internships all lead to an extraordinary educational experience. The business of advertising of interactive design (IXD) is being transformed as consumers are choosing new technologies to access a variety of content where and when they choose. Conventional media revenue models are being challenged and a new type of advertising professional is needed. The major in advertising prepares students for media, agency and corporate advertising careers by offering concentrations in branding or interactive experience design.
Specific objectives of the advertising major:
- To acquaint the student with important concepts, methods, and examples of successful advertising design and media strategies
- To provide the student with training to make strategically sound analysis of advertising decisions
- To provide opportunities to apply their knowledge and creativity to real-world advertising situations
- To develop the student's ability to present well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations in writing and oral presentations
- To develop in students the foundation for continued self-education and personal development
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,