The Vickie and Dan Renshaw Early Childhood Center (RECC) provides developmentally appropriate activities in inclusive group settings for children of all abilities. Group sessions will be composed of a ratio of approximately 50% non-delayed children to 50% delayed children. Click here to view the Parent Handbook.
Programmatic Goals for Children
- Children will develop acceptance of peers with disabilities and differing abilities.
- Children will use words/signs to communicate their wants/needs.
- Children will interact with peers and adults within the group setting.
- Children will follow the group routine and transition easily between activities.
- Children will learn to sit and attend to group activities such as circle, snack, art, etc. in order to facilitate learning and to prepare them for school.
- Children will develop age-appropriate eating/drinking skills and try a variety of foods with different textures.
- Children will perform basic health/safety activities (hand washing, toileting, etc.)
- Children will follow basic classroom rules.
- Children will participate in and demonstrate enjoyment of a variety of sensory experiences in order to facilitate exploration and learning from the environment.
- Children will explore their environment through play and learn to assist with clean-up.
Other Services: RECC provides limited outreach consultation to assist and provide training for families of children with special needs who are dealing with significant behavioral issues. RECC also has limited funding for occupational therapy evaluations.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,