- Free shows Tuesday & Thursday at 7:00 PM, and Sundays at 2:00 PM
- No tickets, no prior reservations
- Properly worn masks required at all times
- We collect all guest names and one phone number per group, in case contact tracing is required
- Max capacity: 40. Check in with staff upon arrival to reserve seats.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance.
- All COVID procedures can be found on the COVID Safety page
We regularly host school groups and any other group interested in a show. You can request such an event via the menu at the top of the page. Note the new max capacity of around 20 guests for individual students.
WKU's Hardin Planetarium has full dome of 40 feet, with a 360° surround view by way of a Digitalis Epsilon digital projector. All of this is done in a classic 1967 architectural icon of the WKU campus. We custom design most of our own shows for public education, and all either are or include live interactive performances.
1) Along State Street
2) Two spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall
3) College Hill Lot, up College Heights Blvd. on the right
4) Chestnut Street North Lot, at the corner of Chestnut and 14th Ave, two blocks from the Planetarium
Wheelchair Accessibility: A ramp from State St. provides access to the building's main floor. The below lots are only available on weekends or after 4:30 PM.
1) Two spots in a tiny lot behind the building, at the end of a driveway from State St. That lot is lower than the building, so it is an uphill climb.
2) Three spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall.
3) The large parking lots on top of College Heights Blvd. The path from there is down hill.
Many of our guests prefer to be notified of our events. You can sign up below or at the planetarium.