Campus opportunities while visiting WKU's Hardin Planetarium
Groups of more than 40 who are visiting the Planetarium should plan to split their
group into small sub-groups. These sub-groups may visit other venues on campus while
awaiting their show at the Planetarium.
John Inman, in the Ogden College of Science office at 270-745-3084 will be delighted to help your group schedule events.
Here are just some of the possibilities:
- The Confucius Institute: a wonderful look into Chinese culture with interactive programs for students of all ages. These programs are free. A five to seven minute walk from the Planetarium. Call 270-745-2836.
- The Kentucky Museum (A ten to twelve minute walk from the Planetarium. There is a charge for these programs):
- offers special art programs for students and a chance to tour the Kentucky Museum. Contact Christy Spurlock at 270-745-6082 or email@example.com.
- offers a career-readiness tour of WKU including visiting the Kentucky Museum
- Architectural and Manufacturing Services offers tours of the robotics lab to groups of 25 people or less. Good for 4th grades and above. A two minute walk from the Planetarium.Contact Dr. Greg Arbuckle, Department Chair at 270-745-2403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SkyTeach, a WKU science and math teachers program, offers programs for school groups in selected aspects of science and astronomy. A two minute walk from the Planetarium. Contact Dr. Rico Tyler at 270-745-4707 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Theatre and Dance has childrens' performances during certain times of the year. There is a charge for these services. Contact Doris Patrick, 270-745-5845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Planetarium does not provide meal opportunities. However, you can contact WKU Restaurant & Catering Group to inquire about special accommodations for your group on campus. You can visit their website here: http://www.campusdish.com/en-us/CSMA/WesternKentucky or call 270-745-2146.
There are also many nearby venues in and around Bowling Green for out-of-towners to combine with their visit the the Planetarium. Check with the BG Visitors Center for an up-to-date listing and contact information, at 800-326-7465 or VisitBGKY.com. Here are some options:
- Lost River Cave
- The Historic Rail Park Museum
- The Corvette Museum
- The South Union Shaker Village
- The Riverview House, a Victorian museum
- Jackson's Orchard
- Aviation Heritage Park
- SkyPAC (Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center)
- The Public Theatre
- Orchestra Kentucky or the Symphony
- Bowling Green Skatepark
- BG Hot Rods minor league baseball
- Many fine restaurants and eateries
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,