WKU Health Serivces : Information for Students
Welcome to Graves Gilbert Clinic (GGC) at WKU!
We're the place you come to for health care services and information to help you now and beyond your college experience. Our state-of-the-art facility and board certified physicians are here to support your well being. Health issues are probably not your first priority as you make the transition to WKU. However, there are some things we recommend you consider before arriving on campus - especially if you are new to WKU.
Things you need to do:
1. Make sure you have your health insurance card. Insurance is not required for students at WKU but is highly recommended. The Student Health Insurance Plan can help to provide you with reasonable health insurance premiums. International students are required to maintain health insurance coverage through Academic Health Plan (AHP), the university student insurance plan.
2. Proof of immunizations are not required for students at WKU. However, we do recommend being up-to-date on your immunizations before arriving on campus. Please stop by our office to get vaccinated if needed.
3. If you are under the age of 18, the law requires your parent/guardian to give written consent for you to receive medical care.
Things you need to know:
- In a life- threatening emergency, call 911 for an ambulance.
- If you have a health question and don't know what to do? Call (270) 745-CARE (2273)
- You can make routine medical appointments please visit here for additional information.
- For mental and emotional health concerns, call us or Counseling Center, (270) 745-3159 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Your health information is confidential. No one will know you have used medical or
mental services unless you choose to tell them.
- Attend health education programs
- Join and participant in WellU
- Actively involve yourself by becoming a volunteer, intern or student worker.